Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My April Whole30 Results!

Well, April is over and thus my Whole30 journey has come to an end.  Hallelujah!

Day 1 - Weight 145.0 lbs
Day 30 - Weight 138.8 lbs
Weight Loss = 6.2 lbs!

And what you've all been waiting for...

 



So the before and after pictures are not nearly as dramatic as last time!  I'm not really even sure I see much of a difference except in the side view (was I just super slouching in the before picture?).  The angles are also off, so that's not really helping.

I believe there's a few reasons that I did not experience much of a transformation this time:
  • I wasn't as strict.  I definitely wasn't as much of a stickler for the rules this time including some major cheats half way through and way too many helpings of dried fruit and Larabars.  There was lots of SWYPO and even some forbidden ingredients like honey and maple syrup.
  • I didn't focus enough on vegetables.  I let large servings of meat command the spotlight in my meals instead of filling my plate with tons of veggies.  This is something I'll be working on.
  • I didn't always listen to my stomach.  I found myself taking a second helping when I would've been fine walking away (but it all tasted so good!) and snacking when I was bored at work and just wanted a sugary treat.  Still working on this one as well.
  • I didn't have as much to lose!  Quite honestly I don't know if I'll be losing much more period.  I think my body looks amazing and I am extremely satisfied :)
So how do I feel?  Well, I feel great!  My energy levels feel even throughout the day.  I feel like a master of meal planning and definitely want to continue and keep trying new recipes and utilizing my crockpot.

Otherwise I don't know, I don't have too much to say.  I think this Whole30 was less of a revelation because I had already been eating Paleo beforehand, I had already done the program before (not too long ago), and I wasn't as strict as I could've been.  When I started I really wanted to nail this one, avoid all cheats big or small, and see just how far I could take it, but then... well, life happened.  I don't have an autoimmune disease to cure, I'm not going to be running to the bathroom if I eat something noncompliant, I don't have daily chronic pain, and I am a healthy weight, so at this point in my life I will continue to strive to make better food choices, fill my plate with fresh produce, eat locally, and honor my body, but I won't stress the small stuff.  And if things start to spiral out of control or my new pants get a little snug, I know just how to get back on track.

Thank you for following my journey and supporting me with your thoughtful comments <3


Don't forget to like Busy, Bold, Blessed on Facebook   :) 
 

8 comments:

  1. It looks like our abs got stronger over this month too! It sounds like going to a less strict way of eating where you don't stress the small stuff is a great thing:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your loss! You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how can you not see much has changed? The front and side pics are where I see the changes, all around the stomach area. Congrats Amber!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look great (and I love how positive you are about yourself--that's awesome!)! Congrats on completing the Whole30 . . . that's something I could never do!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You look amazing and look at those ABS! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good stuff! Before and after pictures are the best! You did a great job! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What was your workout routine, we're you exercising regularly? Great results both times around!! I am on Day 17 of my first W30 and am currently in my Tiger Blood phase!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both times I was working out a few times a week. In April I joined CrossFit, I think I was going 2 or 3 times a week. If you look through the individual recaps, you can see my workouts in more detail. Crazy how much your diet affects things though, because I've been a workout nut my whole life and it wasn't until I changed what I was eating to really see the results I was looking for. I'm kind of off track now a days, but I didn't gain much back and I'm doing an 8 week Paleo challenge through my CrossFit gym starting mid September! Good luck with the rest of your Whole30 :)

      Delete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...