The Whole30 has consumed my blog for the past month, but there's a bunch of other things going on in my life. So let's catch up:
We canceled our cable! Our cable bill kept going up and up, so we decided to take the plunge and cancel. Here's a few of our reasons:
- There is more and more daylight to be enjoyed.
- We're so busy already between working out, volleyball, coaching, church, hanging with friends, etc.
- We'd rather spend our money on other things like CrossFit, trying out new restaurants, maybe putting some work into our house.
- We'll read and listen to music more often.
- We can utilize Netflix (and we may sign up for Hulu, still cheaper than cable).
- Philly sports teams aren't doing too hot right now anyway (and we can always hit the bar to watch the Phillies if we want).
I stopped washing my face with cleansers! Have you ever heard of the Oil Cleansing Method (OCM)? I've been giving it a go since the middle of March. Some people swear by it and others have had disastrous results. I haven't seen great improvements in my face, but it definitely hasn't taken a turn for the worse, so I'm still giving it a chance. I oil cleanse a few nights a week but otherwise I just remove my eye make up and then rinse my face with water. I'll keep you posted on this experiment.
We are joining a CSA! If you're not familiar, CSA stands for community supported agriculture and joining one means we'll be picking up our share of fresh, organic, local produce directly from the farm every other week from mid May until November! I'm so excited.
Last year he was an amazing spectator, dropping us off, enduring the traffic, and chasing us along the route to cheer us on and take pictures. This year I'll be his cheerleader!
What's new with you?