Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Half Marathon Training: Week 1



Training started last week and it's going well!  I'm logging my miles over at Daily Mile, come be friends with me there!

Week 1:
- Tuesday, 1 mi treadmill run, 9:44
- Wednesday, 2 mi treadmill run, 21:00
- Saturday, 2.25 mi trail run through the park, 22:00
- Total Mileage = 5.25 mi

I ran 3 times in one week, I rock!  I haven't done that in a long time.  My training plan called for 4 runs, but I only missed 1 mile and I think it's probably better to ease into it anyway.  Week 2 is already starting out strong, I got a run in yesterday and I'm planning on hitting the treadmill again tonight.  Next week is looking more busy, so I'm thinking I might be forced to *gasp* get up in the morning and run!  That will be a giant hurdle for me, but I know I'm going to have to suck it up and make it happen.  I can do it :)

Have you been getting your fitness on in the New Year?  Do you ever workout in the morning?  How do you drag yourself out of bed?!

6 comments:

  1. I'll go with you in the AM! I hit the gym tonight and did 2.5 miles, woot woot! I think I may need some new kicks though, I smell a KOP trip in our future. You go girl, so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a great race! I grew up in Philadelphia and my family still lives there. I may have to look into that one :) You're off to a great start with your training. Keep up the good work! Having a training plan is really motivating for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep going!!! :) Maybe your sharing will help me get past my mind block I have about running... think it takes me back to high school track...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Can't wait to follow you're training, I'm in a weird training cycle right now - I have 3 5ks and then a 1/2 marathon and a 25k trail race coming up between next weekend and May...so I'm kind of on a really, really long half marathon plan ;)

    During the week my only option is to run at 5am, since I get home at random times every night. It's so hard to get out of bed, especially when it's dark + icy. I'm going to try doing 2 days during the week and 2 days on the weekend so I don't feel like a vampire being out in the dark all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just think....while you're being awesome and getting in shape, I will be gaining 1 lb. per month for the next 18 weeks and I've already gained 8 lbs. : ) Keep up the good work!!
    -Kimber

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correction: 1 lb. per week - Kimber

      Delete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...