Monday, October 21, 2019

Baby #2: Weeks 35 & 36

Week 35


I forget why I skipped the gym Tuesday morning, but maybe it was because I was already feeling a little rundown.  Halfway through my workday, I started to feel a little tickle in my throat and thought... am I getting sick?!  Yup.  I decided to work from home on Wednesday to take it easy and keep my germs to myself.  I didn't feel terrible, just had some phlegm hanging out behind my nose and felt kind blah.  Unfortunately Vienna woke up Thursday super snotty, so the two of us stayed home the rest of the week.  Dave was somehow spared!


Vienna fully recovered over the weekend but my cold is somehow still lingering almost 2 weeks later.  Despite feeling kind of crummy, I was able to be pretty productive when Robin took V for the day Saturday.  I finally took care of the task I had been avoiding for a while: scrubbing Vienna's closet, organizing the nursery closet, and moving her stuff over.  I did a bunch of laundry including all my nursing bras and tops, organized all the diapers and gift bags that were still in a big pile from the sprinkle, and kicked V's summer clothes out of her drawers and started a 2T storage bin.  We also finally hung some stuff on Vienna's walls.  And I started gathering stuff for my birth center bag and postpartum supplies.

Week 36


I had my 36 week appointment and it was uneventful and easy.  I did get swabbed for my Group B Strep test so I'll know the results for that next week.   GBS is a type of bacterial infection that occurs in 25% of healthy, adult women and would just mean some antibiotics during labor to protect the baby.  I was negative last time, so we'll see.  Otherwise my blood pressure was good, baby's heartbeat was normal, and I turned in some routine paperwork (a home visit worksheet, a hospital registration form just in case, and paperwork for baby's birth certificate).  I decided to delay my flu shot until next week since I was already feeling rundown from my never ending cold.

Otherwise most of the week was the worst.  It was just really stressful and exhausting and that's all I'm going to say about it.

On the bright side, my fairy godmother aka my MIL came over again and did more laundry, cleaned a bunch (including my bathrooms!), and helped with V.  And then my parents and Tom came over on Sunday bearing gifts of food, more laundry and bed making assistance, and helped us take care of a few more things on our to do list.  I'm feeling a lot more ready nesting wise.

We also attended two fun parties Saturday and Vienna had a blast!  The first was a second birthday party where I got to hang with some buddies from the gym and Vienna learned how to climb a ladder!


And the second was a Halloween party where Vienna was obsessed with her new ladder climbing skills and flying down the slide over and over!  We had tons of fun but mama was exhausted by the end.


I feel like everyone in my online bump group is sharing tips on how to get labor started asap or is eager to set an end date via induction... But I'm feeling totally opposite.  My due guess date isn't for another 3 weeks but in the back of my mind, based on the day I know I ovulated via tracking my temps, it could really be the 16th instead of the 12th.  I want the baby to keep developing and get all those final touches on the inside.  I still have random things I want to clean and organize.  I could be happy putting a few more meals in the freezer.

I guess I'm lucky because I'm feeling pretty good physically so that helps me not to be in a rush.  My feet and ankles aren't swollen (just my face lol), my back and pelvis are somehow feeling pretty good, and I'm actually still getting decent sleep.  Plus I'm not having any Braxton Hicks contractions or prodromal labor (or if I am, nothing that is occurring to me as such).  Don't get me wrong... being this pregnant is really hard!  And my bump is huge and definitely uncomfortable.  I just know everything is about to change and I'm really trying to soak up our last few weeks as a family of 3.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...