Monday, September 16, 2019

Baby #2: Week 31


Started Week 31 with a Tuesday morning gym session.  The first portion was an 8 minute AMRAP (as many rounds as possible) of strict handstand push-ups and strict pull-ups so I did L-Sit dumbbell presses with 20# DBs and ring rows.  I got through 81 reps.  The WOD was 4 rounds for time of 15 kettlebell swings (Rx was the 35#, I used the 26#), a 400 m run (8 cals on the bike), and 40 dubs (20 squats).  I finished in 15:01 and everything felt really good.

Tuesday night we officially built the crib!  I'm so happy it's done.  Mela was a great supervisor.  I really need to get started on all the tiny laundry.


Friday was another 6 am CrossFit class.  The WOD was 15-12-9-12-15 toes to bar, deadlifts, and barbell facing burpees.  I gave my coach the challenge of figuring out some things for me to do, so my workout ended up being 10 reps each of dumbbell curls with a press (15# DBs), deadlifts (85#), and medicine ball cleans (14#).  I think I could've gone a little heavier with my dumbbells, but I did feel fatigued by the end.  The deadlifts were fine except my belly does get in the way in the bottom position, so I need to do a little plie with my knees.  The med ball cleans took my breath away, which made them a great sub for burpees because they always kill me.  The workout had a 15 minute cap and I was 5 reps from finishing.  I felt good during and immediately after the workout, but I was struggling when I got home and needed to get ready for work.  I had to take lots of breaks and sit down to catch my breath.  It was really frustrating.

During the work week I was sleeping like crap.  I had been waking up so many times throughout the night and then once I'm in a lighter sleep, I'm having and remembering all these weird dreams.  And rolling over is so hard!  But the weekend came and saved me.  I somehow slept great and Dave let me sleep in both days!

He was also a boss at cleaning the house to prep for Sunday, when a few of my closest girlfriends came over for a sprinkle for Baby #2!  Leah organized a lovely little luncheon and provided so much delicious food, my mom and sister brought beautiful flowers, balloons, and yummy dessert, and my mother-in-law brought her famous cheese dip and some other apps.  It was a super small gathering, where we received some diapers and a few other adorable gifts, and it was just really nice to get together and be celebrated.






My pelvis and back both feel super uncomfortable sitting.  Apparently I was having some discomfort  in my pelvis around this time last time and my OB told me it was because the baby is head down and totally normal, so that's good but still super annoying.  At work I alternate between a yoga ball and my chair plus or minus my tempur-pedic back pad.  Nothing feels all that great.  Even sitting on the couch at home can be uncomfortable.  It's going to be a long 2 months...

Otherwise I can't really complain too much.  I haven't had any Braxton Hicks contractions, which a lot of people in my online bump group are dealing with.  Last time my feet were aching like crazy and they haven't bothered me at all.  I have heartburn once in a while, but nothing that is waking me up in the middle of the night or anything. And nobody randomly touched me or told me how huge I was this week lol!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...