Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Pregnancy: Week 34

I seriously considered skipping CF on Friday in lieu of some extra sleep, but I packed my bag and set my alarm anyway.  I woke up "in the middle of the night" and got up to pee, and then when I checked the time it was 5 minutes before my alarm.  I was super annoyed, but I was up and going!  The workout was grueling, it was a hero WOD called Kalsu: 100 thrusters with 5 burpees every minute on the minute (30 min cap).  The last time I did thrusters they didn't feel great for my left knee or wrist, so I was thinking I would just go with an empty barbell (35#) or some dumbbells, but I figured I'd warm up and see how 55# felt.  When 55# felt totally fine, I decided to go with it knowing I could always pull the plates off midway if I needed to.  This workout had me winded.  I would finish my 5 squat thrusts around 20 seconds in, take a few seconds to breath, then rep out 3-5 thrusters quickly, and then have 15-20 seconds to sit my ass on a box and rest.  You had to do the burpees no matter what, but I took 2 separate minutes where I didn't do any thrusters to try and catch my breath.  100 is A LOT, so it was definitely a mental workout.  You get to 30 and go shit, there's so many left.  Then you get halfway and go shit, there's so many left.  I took my second break at 70 and thought shit, there's so many left!  80 was where I could finally see the light at the end of the tunnel, I was pushing myself to do 5 reps per round and knew I only had 4 sets of burpees left.  I finished in 25:41 and it was glorious.  I was really proud of myself.

On Saturday we headed down to the city for a long day of good vibes and framily fun.  We ate lots of delicious food, dipped our toes in a baby pool, and tried our best to pretend we were at the real Folk Fest.  It was a wonderful time and I somehow managed to stay awake until 3:30 in the morning!

On Monday we finally had our hospital tour.  The maternity ward at Paoli Hospital was renovated a few years ago and it is really nice.  I had done my research ahead of time, so most of what the tour guide told us, I already knew, but it was really nice to see the space so I can envision myself birthing there.

Monday night was awful.  I had a little bit of heartburn earlier in the day, but it really reared it's ugly head overnight.  I woke up in the middle of the night to pee and then couldn't lay back down afterwards.  I could feel the acid in my throat and thought I was definitely going to throw up, but the feeling would go away as soon as I was upright.  I piled up all my pillows and tried to get comfy half sitting up.  I managed to fall back asleep at some point, but it was a rough night.  I couldn't really pinpoint what caused it, but it may have been the excessive amount of cheese I consumed.

Tuesday I had my 34 week OB appointment and it was easy breezy.  My belly is measuring on time, my blood pressure was good, and my OB wasn't concerned about my giant swollen ankles.  I asked her about any restrictions regarding working out till the end and she said as long as it feels good and I avoid any risk of falling.

Today I got up to workout and did not love it.  I was feeling really sluggish during the warm up and the gym was really stuffy.  It was another 20 rep squat day, but since it didn't feel great last week I broke it up into 2 sets of 10.  I did 90 lbs and it was challenging, but breaking it up was a good choice.  The WOD was 3 rounds of 5 bear complex (power clean, front squat, push press, back squat, push press), 10 bar facing burpees, 20 wall balls, and 5 bar facing burpees.  I used 55# for the bear complex movement (Rx was 75) and they felt good.  The wall balls felt fine as well but 20 was a lot at once, so I was breaking them up into 3 sets. The burpees (squat thrusts with a step over the bar) sucked and at one point I stood up quickly and was seeing stars.  I used to see stars a lot when I was tumbling, I'd always get them when I would first warm up my back handspring, so it wasn't super alarming to me, but it definitely warranted a long break.  I didn't feel dizzy or anything so when they went away, I continued and just really took my sweet time through the workout with lots of rest.  I finished in 17:53, well after most of the class, and was so overheated that I took my shirt off and let my big ol' belly hang out for everyone to see lol.

I also received this adorable package in the mail today "just because" from my friend Sarah all the way in Minnesota.  We are spoiled!  I cannot wait to be holding a little baby in my arms wearing one of these gorgeous headbands :)

1 month to go!


  1. Wow, great job at crossfit - that's really impressive! And how exciting that you've only got a month left!

  2. I'm so impressed that you're still kicking butt at Crossfit! Hope this last month is a breeze for you. :)


Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...