Cheer practice was cancelled tonight, so I got to go to happy hour and you get a recipe, double win!
I am mildly obsessed with pinterest and all of the mouthwatering recipes on it, but my favorite recipes are the simple ones. A couple of ingredients, a few no fail steps, and bam you've got yourself a tasty and healthy dinner.
(adapted from this recipe)
- 1/3 of a box of whole wheat pasta
- 1 can of artichoke hearts
- 1/2 a can of white beans
- 1 handful of fresh spinach
- 1-2 spoonfuls of minced garlic
- 1 3 oz square of cream cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt & pepper to taste
1. Cook pasta as directed.
2. Drain and put pasta back into the pot. Add in all ingredients except spinach and heat on medium until cream cheese is melted and all ingredients are heated through.
3. Add spinach to wilt.
This was super tasty! I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about the beans, because I'm not a huge bean eater (yet?) but they were fine. The artichokes were my favorite part, they are so yummy. Just a little warning, the meal was great for dinner but when I tried to reheat the leftovers in the microwave the next day, it wasn't so great. Cream cheese does not become insta-creamy when you microwave it. So just grab a hungry friend and gobble it all up! And feel free to add some random spices, I threw in a little garlic powder and oregano!
Are you on pinterest?