Failing to meet my underachieving goal of going to the gym twice a week, on the first week I tried, was awful. I know I can do better than that. So this week started strong.
Keeping up with the push-up challenge! On Monday I did them all on my feet, no modified. I did 25, 10, 12, 12, 15. So halfway through the month and I'm halfway to my goal! I think I could've probably done 30 if I was really trying to max out. I feel like I'm starting to notice a difference in how my arms look too. I also threw around some of my cheerleaders at their end of the year fun practice.
Gym date with the boyfriend!
- 10 minutes walking on the treadmill
- Adductor and abductor machines (3 sets of 12 each)
- Squat machine (2 sets of 20), point toes at top to work calfs
- Hanging leg raises for abs, alternating bent knees with pike position (3 sets of 15)
- Some jumping switch lunges (2 sets of 15)
- 20 minutes on the treadmill, 2 miles. I originally wanted to run a 5K but I was really bored and decided I was just going to do 2 miles. Since I was planning on running 3 miles I was running at speeds between 5.6 and 6.0, but when I decided to cut my run short I really wanted to finish in 20 minutes. So I hauled it and kept ramping up my speeds over the last 4 minutes. I ran the last 2 minutes at 8... which was intense!
I felt great when I finished.
How's your week going? Did you fit in any workouts?