Monday, November 14, 2011

Please enjoy my random rambling...

Oh Monday, I hate you.

I vowed to go to the gym twice last week and I only got there once.  Fail!  On Tuesday night Dave and I were getting into the car to head to the gym (which would've been my second trip for the week) when a can of bright blue spray paint exploded as he grabbed it out of his jeep.  Worst.  Ever.  It was all over our clothes, his jeep, my purse, we looked like smurfs!  Needless to say, we didn't end up going to the gym.  I was also trying to go on Saturday, but we took the dog for an hour long hike up the mountain since it was so nice out.  Oh well, need to do better this week.

But, I have been keeping up with my push-ups!  I've been trying to do them every other day, but I took Friday as a rest day and did some on Saturday instead.  I can't remember the exact amount I did on Wednesday, but on Saturday I did 21, 12, two sets of 10 on my knees, and then finished with 15 real.  I'm getting there.  They are still feeling pretty hard though, my arms feel like jello when I finish.

My cheerleaders had their last competition this weekend.  They did great but I feel like we were kinda screwed over by some politics within the organization.  It makes me sad that that's even a part of a youth organization that is staffed by volunteers, but some people really just get drunk with power.  And that's what I get for falling in love with a sport that is subjective and based on the judges opinions.

That being said, my schedule just opened up!  Hopefully I can translate at least 2 of the 3 nights that I had cheer practice on to gym nights.  And I can write in my blog more than once a week!  And try new recipes, yay.  But, I did receive an informal job offer at a local cheer gym where I would actually get paid for coaching (I have been a volunteer coach for the past 11 years!), so I need to contemplate how much time I'd like to dedicate to that.  We'll see.

Can anyone else believe Thanksgiving is next week?  And Christmas is lurking too.  I really need to start Christmas shopping!  Holy crap.

 

Ok well, not my most exciting post, but better than nothing :)

Are you ready for the holidays?  Did you start Christmas shopping yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...