Thursday, November 3, 2011

I fell off the wagon.

...way off.  I haven’t been working out, at all.  I haven’t been eating many veggies or fruit either.  It always starts like this… it’s the weekend I want to eat something that feels like a treat, hello giant burrito with extra sour cream and cheese.  And then I’m going to a bunch of parties… why would I eat from the veggie tray when I could pick from the boneless wings in three different flavors?  And I definitely can’t work out, I’m too busy or I’d rather lay in my bed and relax or it’s snowing.  Worst!

So many B.S. excuses and as always, once I get out of a healthy mindset, it’s so hard to get back into it.  But admitting my problem is the first step, right?  Right.  So it’s a new month and I need to get my butt in gear (especially before the holidays)!  So how am I going to do it?

Exercise
I’m totally paying for a gym membership at Globo Gym (aka Planet Fitness).  I need to get there and get my money’s worth!  I’m making a vow to go twice a week (at least), which doesn’t really sound like much, but it’s way more than I’m going now.

I’m also inspired by Caitlin over at Healthy Tipping Point, she’s doing a November push-up challenge!  When I read about it, I was like yes, this is perfect.  I’m going to aim to do 50 consecutive pushups by the end of the month.  Right now I believe I can do between 15 and 20.   I’m going to follow the plan on http://hundredpushups.com/ and see what I can do.  I think my goal is realistic, but I will definitely have to push myself.  I’m looking forward to some nice guns :)  I’ll keep you guys posted on my progress, anybody want to join me?

Eating
I need to plan ahead!  Bad food choices come from ordering and eating out all the time.  Italian hoagies, giant cheeseburgers, lots of pizza… these things should be special treats, not in the regular line up.  I am vowing to pack my lunch before I go to bed, so I can put together well thought out lunches, as opposed to grabbing whatever is convenient.

I’m also going to take some time to skim through and reread some parts of In Defense of Food.  When I read it for the first time, I felt so inspired to eat more plants and whole foods and less processed junk.  I think revisiting the messages in the book will help.

Tomorrow is Friday.  Thank goodness!  Have a fabulous weekend.

Do you go back and forth with your healthy habits?  How do you make them stick?

4 comments:

  1. Good to know I'm not the only one that completely fell off the wagon in October. If you can go in the wee hours of the early morning to globo, lets do it! I've been packing my lunches before bed but it's the late night snacking and brewskies that get me! Lets get our butts in gear :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the 3rd to attest that I have also fallen off the weekend. I did not go to the gym ONCE this month & I've been eating Halloween candy for breakfast (since I had no trick-or-treaters). I'm determined to get my ish together next week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel ya-- we've had some pretty unhealthy weeks recently!! We're trying to eat healthily for the next few weeks, because once Thanksgiving rolls around, it's usually so much harder!!

    Good luck with the pushup challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally missed this post (and the next one about your surgery- glad it went well, finally!) until now. I actually made a winter health plan for myself yesterday and started doing it and I already feel so good. I'd love to share ideas and progress along the way so we can motivate each other. What's the easiest/most effective way to do it (if you want to)?!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...