Monday, June 13, 2011

Well, hello there...

For the past few months I've been consistently following a number of blogs and I finally decided it was time to start my own!  Maybe the blog will find a specific focus as I go, but as of right now it will be ramblings of my life including fitness, food, fashion, and figuring it all out.

I have been involved in sports for as long as I can remember, which always provided me with the ability to eat like a truck driver with no consequences.  I am still very active between hiking, random "better than nothing" workouts in my living room, coaching cheerleading, running, and hitting the gym but I usually seem to lack a consistent schedule.  One of my goals for the near future is to get into more of a workout habit.



Since I started reading healthy living blogs, I've also been reconsidering what I eat.  My favorite food list is like a collection of everything that's bad for you: mozzarella sticks, pizza, cheeseburgers, chicken parm... well anything with cheese actually!  After reading the blogs, doing some research, and watching some recent documentaries, I'm working on giving my diet a makeover and moving meat out of the spotlight.  I currently do not have any plans to give up meat all together, but I am trying to teach myself how to love vegetables and to fuel my body so it can be at it's best!

I'm currently half living at my parents' house and the other half of the time (well over half) I'm at my boyfriend's house, which means I am always packing and hoping I'll actually want to wear what I have with me at the time.  I am a volunteer coach for a youth cheerleading squad, which currently practices once a week, but will rule my life soon enough with four practices a week in August.  I am a highway design engineer and I'm also in the process of getting my masters... eventually (I'm only on #3 out of 10 classes and I'm not really in any kind of rush).  I'm always on the go and sometimes it can be a bit overwhelming, but I've been busy all of my life and I wouldn't want it any other way :)

I am loud, ridiculous, opinionated, and love to have a blast with my friends.



Welcome to my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for first posts :-) I'm pumped to be apart of your blogging adventure and you've inspired me to be more consistent with my own postings! Blog on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the first post :) I as well will attempt to be more consistent with my blog!
    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...