Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Baby #2: Weeks 23 & 24

Week 23


We left for vacation on Thursday night, so the first part of this week was just wrapping things up at work (including a presentation that I was super happy to get off my plate) and packing!

I hit the gym on Wednesday morning to get one last sweat sesh in before we left.

I probably could've done 65# for the clean and jerks, but 55# was fine by the time we made it to the 3rd or 4th round.  The next minute came around pretty quick!

Hit play twice.

For the WOD I did 5 cals on the bike, used a 10# ball, and did step ups.  I felt good overall, but did feel a tiny bit of cramping or something so I took my time through the second half.


We arrived in Cape May just in time for the hottest weekend ever.  On Friday we worked a half day in the morning, then my mom arrived and we actually opted to skip the beach to just veg and get ready for an early dinner at the Lobster House.


On Saturday we thought we wouldn't last long at the beach because of the heat, but being right on the water was lovely.  We only stayed 3 hours because we didn't pack lunches, but we really didn't want to leave.


We made up for it on Sunday and sat on the beach for 6 hours!  The breeze off the water and many cool dips in the ocean made it the perfect beach day, despite the crazy high temps.


My mom left Sunday evening, we had a really nice weekend with her and I love that my in-laws are so welcoming of her and my family in general.


Week 24

On Tuesday the heat finally broke and we took Vienna for her first trip to the zoo!  Cape May has a cute little donations only zoo and we had a great time checking it out.




The rest of the week was a blur of beach days, delicious food, and touring all the bars in town (and staying up way too late when my toddler does not care that I want to sleep in), with a trip to the Wildwood boardwalk, an epic sushi dinner, and even a few naps sprinkled in.  It was a wonderful vacation.  We are truly spoiled by my in-laws between all the rides, awesome meals, childcare, and more... and by Cape May in general.  It is definitely my happy place.










But it's always nice to come home!  I was counting down the days until I could visit the chiropractor and sleep in my own bed.  I was also looking forward to getting V back on her regular schedule, especially since I think she is working on a molar.  And I'm pretty sure I gained 6 lbs in 10 days so all the vacation treats needed to come to an end lol.


I'm not sure if it was the strain of carrying Vienna across the beach or how I've been rolling over in bed, but I've been feeling some discomfort in my pubic bone.  I know it can be common in pregnancy but I never really "closed out" my physical therapy (my therapist went out on a random leave before I got discharged and I never went back...) so I'm thinking about making an appointment.


I also had random knee pain on Monday morning that seemed totally out of the blue but I looked at my recaps from last time and apparently my left knee was bothering me (originally from an old ski jump accident from when I was young and dumb) right around this time too.  I'm guessing it has something to do with the hormone relaxin, which makes your joints nice and loose.  I also read that my feet were aching on a daily basis already so I'm happy to report that I haven't experienced that yet!

Only a few weeks left until summer is over and I'm in the third trimester... OMG!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...