Monday, August 3, 2015

Weekly Workouts - A Light Recovery Week

This week was pretty low key.  I've been hitting 3-4 CF sessions per week pretty regularly, so I didn't feel too bad about only going twice.  I wanted to actually give my back a break and my legs were wrecked for most of the week anyway.

S - The laziest day ever!

M - Rest + a trip to the chiropractor

T - CrossFit 
  • WOD: 3 rounds for time
    • 30 Calorie Row
    • 30 Pull Ups
    • 30 Pistols (aka one legged squats)
    • (3 min rest between rounds - 24 min cap)
    I got through 2 rounds.  I really don't enjoy the rower, but my pull ups were strong and I did the pistols the closest to Rx that I've ever done.  I did them with a 10 lbs plate under my heel to compensate for a lack of flexibility in my calves.  I was dropping it low!  And my quads were so smoked afterwards.  I was immediately sore!
W - 0.75 mi with Butler (I could barely walk!)

Th - CrossFit 
  • WOD: 5 rounds of 3 min AMRAPs
    • 4 Kettlebell Snatches (I used a 26 lbs KB)
    • 6 Hand Release Push Ups
    • 8 Air Squats
    • (1 min rest between rounds)
    I finished 17 rounds + 6!  This workout wasn't very glamorous, but I liked the short AMRAPs.  It was easy to push myself to sprint when I knew I'd be getting a rest so soon.  The KB snatches were challenging.  Push ups are always fun.  The air squats felt pretty awful in the beginning, but once I got really warm I think they probably helped to shake out my soreness.
F - Rest

S - 3.1 mi walk (with some running mixed in) with Butler

My weekend was full of fun things.  A sushi date with two of my favorite ladies, an afternoon spent poolside, a giant burrito bowl, a lovely bridal shower, and a doo wop concert in the park.  I took pictures of about half of those things...




Wish me luck for my doctor's appointment tomorrow morning!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for the laziest day ever! But I dare to you out-do yourself very soon. ;)
    Hope your appointment went well! xo

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...