Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Baby #2: Week 38

Started the week off with a bunch of jerks!  Push jerks, that is.  The olympic lifting was 3 push jerks, every 2 minutes x 5.  I did 65#, 70#, 75#, and then 80# twice.  It felt relatively easy.

Hi Heather :)

The WOD was a 12 minute AMRAP of 15 push jerks (I did 55#), 30 air squats (I decided on 20), and 60 dubs (which I replaced with 7 cals on the bike).  I got through 3 rounds + the jerks, squats, and 5 cals.  Working out still feels good, so I'll probably shoot to go till the end like last time.  My last workout was at 39 weeks + 1 day, we'll see!

On Tuesday night we blew up the kitchen and made 3 loaded lasagnas!  We made one to eat for dinner on Wednesday and two for the freezer.  They were super easy to make since we used jarred sauce, no boil noodles, etc., but the kitchen was a total mess at the end.  Dave was amazing because I was super exhausted and he cleaned up everything!

On Wednesday I had my 38 week appointment at Lifecycle.  While I was driving there, I had the thought that I hadn't really felt the baby much that day, so I figured I'd mention it to the midwife.  She listened to the heartbeat and felt some movement, but just to be sure she hooked me up with some monitoring for a non stress test.  I sat in a recliner for 30 minutes while we listened to the baby's heartbeat.  Of course as soon as we started she began moving a ton and passed with flying colors before we were even 10 minutes into the test.  I'm usually so laid back about baby and what she's doing in there, but it felt good to have the reassurance because decreased fetal movement can definitely be a bad sign.

I finally got my flu shot while I was there!  My BP was perfect.  The midwife thinks the baby is a little over 7 lbs.  I'm 5 lbs under my weight from this time last time and I officially weigh more than Dave lol!

Halloween was Thursday so we rushed off after work to take Vienna for her first trick or treating experience at Leah's sister's neighborhood.  She was a little overwhelmed when we first got there, but once she got into the groove she loved it.  I don't know how far we walked, but we were out for about an hour and a half and it was definitely more walking than I had done in a while.

I felt pretty crappy for the rest of the night and decided I would skip the gym Friday morning, which ended up being a good plan since a crazy storm rolled through and knocked our power out around 11:30 pm.  In the morning Dave couldn't get our generator to start, so we got ready in the dark and packed up all our food to take to my in-laws.  I was NOT losing any of the freezer meals, including those delicious lasagnas!  Thankfully our power came back on around noon.

My weekend was low key, which was good because I am finally pretty dang uncomfortable.  Rachel stayed with us Friday and Saturday night and was an excellent house guest, tidying up and playing with Vienna.

Don't take my picture Mom!  Oh wait, I'm happy now because I have snacks.

And her stay forced me to FINALLY pack my birth center bag since the contents were all over the spare bed.  Huzzah!  I also put together this snack basket as a thank you for the nurses and midwives at the birth center.

I'm officially working from home now, thank goodness.  I'm spending a lot of time on my birth ball, sitting on the floor, learning over my ottoman, just trying to find some comfortable position and I'm really enjoying being in my PJs.  I'm trying really hard to be patient, I haven't really had any signs that birth is coming.  It's such a weird feeling to know I could give birth tomorrow or it could be two weeks from now.  I'm ready to not be pregnant, but I'm also somehow still sleeping really well so I'm trying to enjoy that.  Baby will come when she's ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...