After feeling kind of blah about the gym last week, this week was completely different :)
M - 0.7 mi walk + CrossFit
- Shoulder Press (Build to a heavy single for the day) - I missed most of the cycle for this lift with wrist pain, so I can't really say I've seen any gains. I got to 80# and failed on 85.
- Push Press (Build to a heavy single for the day) - The difference between these two lifts is you get a dip at the bottom in this one, the shoulder press is strict, just your arms. That dip is huge for me because I got up to 125# and I could've done more. These felt great, no wrist pain :)
- WOD: 4 Rounds for Time
- 10 Squat Clean (115/75)
- 10 Toes to Bar
- 10 Burpees over the Bar
- 16 Minute Time Cap
I was planning on Rxing but when my coach said we should be able to do the first 10 squat cleans unbroken, I thought maybe I should pull some weight off my bar. I considered doing 65 lbs, but it seemed silly not to Rx over 10 lbs in one movement when I knew I could handle it. I did the first 5 squat cleans connected and then went down to sets of 2. I think in the third round I did most of them as singles, but when I got to the last round I found myself thinking about my goal to push through the suck and get faster and was able to do sets of 2 or 3. I connected some of my toes to bar in sets of five, but did others as singles. Finding that rhythm is still really awkward, but I'm improving. My goal was to beat the cap and I finished at 15:04!
- I was so jazzed up after I finished the WOD that I decided to work on some pull ups and double unders on my own.
- Strength: Back Squat 6 x 2 at 83%, 6-8 Push Ups in between Sets - I did my back squats at 160# and they felt pretty heavy, but they went well. I only did 4 push ups between sets because I know I'm doing a ton of them on Friday and last time I did a bunch of strict push ups, I was sore for days!
- WOD: 10 Minute AMRAP
- 2 Power Snatch (115/75)
- 4 Wall Balls (20/14)
- 4 Power Snatch
- 8 Wall Balls
- 6 Power Snatch
- 12 Wall Balls
- 8 Power Snatch
- 16 Wall Balls
- 10 Power Snatch
- 20 Wall Balls...
- Score = Total Reps
I wasn't sure if I should Rx this, but my coach said my snatches looked great and I should go for it! I got through the 10 snatches and then did 10 of the 20 wall balls for 80 total reps! The snatches really felt great, I only started to struggle at the very end. Wall balls aren't my fave but they felt strong as well.
- I worked on my dubs afterwards again and they were going pretty well. I figure they can only get better and the extra cardio work can't hurt!
W - Rest
Th - Rest
F - CrossFit - Friday Night Lights Gymnastics WOD
- Benchmark WOD Cindy: 20 Minute AMRAP
- 5 Pull Ups
- 10 Push Ups
- 15 Air Squats
I seriously love our big Friday night workout events. Tons of people come out and there's just an energy in the gym! I didn't get there till a little bit later, so I was worried that everyone was going to be finished and I was going to be working out by myself, but there was a few people gearing up for the next heat. The pull ups went really well. I did most of them as singles, but connected a handful throughout. I ripped my hand, but not until the very end so it wasn't too bad. The push ups were the hardest part. I did them all on my knees when I did Murph back in May, but I knew this was only 20 minutes and I wanted to Rx! Muscle fatigue was really the limiting factor for this workout vs. cardio endurance. The push ups were just so tough. Soon enough 20 minutes was over and I made it through 12 rounds + 1 pull up! (And then I drank some tequila at the gym... :D)
S - 3.1 mi hike at Valley Forge with Dave and the pups + painting!
S - Painting (we're almost done!)
And the rest of our weekend was full of hanging with friends (and wanting to steal their super cute babies) but apparently we all forgot to take any photos... fail! Hope you had a good week!