Saturday, March 12, 2016

My February (& March) Whole30: Days 28 - 30

The last few days were pretty routine other than still recovering from my cold.  Still going strong with no coffee!

Day 28 - Tuesday 3/8/16
  • Breakfast: Green tea with a banana and some blackberries
  • Lunch: Leftover burgers with lettuce, tomato, pickles, guac, bacon, and sweet potato fries with homemade ranch
  • Dinner: Baked chicken drumsticks with asparagus, cherry tomatoes, and garlic, and a big side salad
  • Sleep: 8 hours
  • Workout: 0.7 miles with the dogs + CrossFit
    • Strength: EMOM (every minute on the minute) 9
      • Min 1-3: 2 High Hang Snatch (power or full)
      • Min 4-6: 1 Hang Snatch (power or full)
      • Min 7-9: 1 Snatch (power or full)
I thought I PRed my snatch at 100 lbs, but I did bad math and only did 95, which felt great though.  I loaded up 100 for minute 10, but I couldn't get it womp!
    • WOD:
      • 21-15-9
      • Hang Power Snatch (95/65) - I used 55#
      • Pull Ups
      • 10 Handstand Push Ups after each round - I put a 15 lbs plate and an ab mat under my head
This workout went well.  I'm glad I didn't Rx the snatches, because 55# felt challenging and I started to get the slightest bit of pain in my back at bottom of the hang position towards the end.  I finished in 12:59.
    • After Party:
      • 40 sit ups, 40 leg raises
  • Thoughts: I woke up before my alarm, but then felt like I was going to take a nap at my desk all morning.  I'm definitely still recovering from my cold.

Day 29 - Wednesday 3/9/16
  • Breakfast: Some apple chicken sausage and sauteed onions, peppers, mushrooms, and spinach and 2 clementines
  • Lunch: Baked chicken drumsticks with a big side salad
  • Dinner: Spaghetti squash with Italian chicken sausage, onions, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes, fresh basil, and tomato sauce
  • Sleep: 7.25 hours
  • Workout: 2.5 miles with the dogs
  • Thoughts: I was in the field for the morning so it was so nice to be outside in the beautiful weather.  By late afternoon I started feeling a little bit of a headache.  I took some ibuprofen and it went away but I managed to fall asleep on the couch before 9 pm.  I think this cold is still lingering.

Day 30 - Thursday 3/10/16
  • Breakfast: Lemon ginger tea with 3 mandarins
  • Lunch: Leftover Slow Cooker Korean Beef with Cauliflower Fried Rice and some kimchi in a Korean "Burrito" Bowl
  • Dinner: A banana... I was rushing around and just never really gave dinner a thought until 9 pm
  • Sleep: 8.25 hours
  • Workout: 1.5 miles with the dogs
  • Thoughts: I'm feeling pretty sore from Tuesday's workout, it's so weird how it can be so delayed.  It's day 30 and I wish I could say I'm feeling amazing, but I still feel slightly congested :/

And that's a wrap!  Chocolate and cheese, here I come :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...