Wednesday, April 3, 2013

My April Whole30: Day 3

Breakfast:

Lunch:

Snack:

Dinner:

Workout:  20 minute hike with Puddin'

Sleep (Last Night):  7.75 hours

Thoughts:  I went out to lunch with two of my bosses and another coworker after a meeting.  I ordered the bruschetta chicken sandwich, hold the bread and cheese.  It came with a side of zucchini, onions, and tomatoes.  I don't know what the chicken was marinated in, if the bruschetta was made with non compliant oil, or what the veggies were cooked in.  I just couldn't bring myself to ask the waiter and make myself "that customer" in front of my bosses (but apparently I didn't feel awkward enough not to take a picture of my meal lol).  Moving on... I'm becoming really into sweet potatoes.  It's so funny when you end up loving a food you used to "not like" (aka did I ever really give it a chance in the first place?), for me this includes onions, cream cheese, and now sweet potatoes!  I felt pretty tired and blah right before lunch but I was also sitting through a thrilling two and a half hour meeting, so I don't know if that was food related.  Otherwise I felt good today!

Have you ever realized you loved a food that you hated for years?

5 comments:

  1. I had the blah feeling today too! I'm loving melted coconut butter on sweet potatoes right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No blah feeling yet, in fact I'm buzzing today (day 4), I can't think straight! My food is sweet potato, on their own i just can't do it...the taste (and I LOVE food). I'm giving Kristen's coconut butter idea a whirl and see how that goes, maybe I just need to eat it more...oh boy I'm going before I start rambling (told ya...I'm buzzing) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe how much I love mushrooms and brussels sprouts now. I used to avoid them like the plague, and now I can't get enough! Funny how things change. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to hate onions, but now I love, whether cooked or raw. But I will NEVER get over the horror of the liver & onions dish my grandma used to force on me. That's borderline child abuse. I shoulda reported her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate being that customer! Last Whole30 I had to do offsite training for work at a facility that had a cafeteria on site. It was so awkward asking the cooks which veggies were not cooked in seed oil in front of my coworkers. Thank goodness for salad bars!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...