This week I'm keeping it pretty simple! I'm mostly using recipes that I've tried before, but I'm mixing in a few new ones to spice things up. I'm anticipating feeling pretty crappy while I detox the first few days, so I didn't want to go with anything too complicated or labor intensive. I've only meal planned for the first five days because I find planning too far in advance can get unrealistic for me and I end up changing everything anyway. And I'm sick of meal planning at the moment ;)
Breakfast for the week (prepping on Sunday): Southwestern Frittata
- Lunch: Taco Salad with leftovers from these Paleo Nachos that I'm making for lunch on Sunday
- Dinner: Lemon Artichoke Chicken from Practical Paleo with roasted asparagus
- Lunch: Leftover Lemon Artichoke Chicken and asparagus
- Dinner: Portobello Prosciutto Pizzas with a side salad
- Lunch: Leftover Lemon Artichoke Chicken and a side salad
- Dinner: Shrimp Scampi with Creamy Garlic Fettuccine from the 21 Day Sugar Detox Cookbook with Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Lunch: Leftover Portobello Prosciutto Pizzas and Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus
- Dinner: Chili Cilantro Lime Crockpot Chicken with cilantro lime cauliflower rice and fajita veggies
- Lunch: Leftover Chili Cilantro Lime Crockpot Chicken with cauliflower rice and fajita veggies
- Dinner: I'm thinking I'll take a break from the chicken leftovers I'll definitely still have, head to the grocery store with some new recipes in mind, and prepare a weekend treat like scallops or a steak.
I hope you found some inspiration from my last post. Meal planning can be hard, but just remember that every meal doesn't have to be something crazy. I like to mix simple meals (burgers, something in the crockpot, salads) in with more labor intensive or complex dishes to avoid burning out in the kitchen. Another way I simplify my life is I always make enough food to have leftovers so I don't have to worry about lunch. And if you have time on the weekend, do as much prep as you can to make the work week a breeze! Good luck everyone!
How have you been prepping for a healthy 2015?