Saturday, January 21, 2012

How Rude

Dave and I never go to the movies.  If we stay home we can watch our Netflix movies for cheap, lounge on the couch in our sweats, and pause the movie when we need to refill our cocktails.  But once in a while there's a movie that catches our eye and we will treat ourselves to a night out.  Last night we went to see Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows.



We saw the first one on one of our first dates two years ago and we both enjoyed it, so we thought we'd go check this one out.  What a waste of 23 bucks!  The movie was ok.  The action scenes were entertaining, but the plot was lacking and the movie was so all over the place I actually had trouble following the story.  But that wasn't what ruined my night.

It was the group of a dozen of the most rude kids I've ever encountered in my life.  It started with them showing up 5 minutes after the movie started and meandering around the theater in search of seats that did not exist.  Then they talked throughout the whole movie, loud enough that everyone could hear them across the theater.  The girl in front of us kept shooshing them, to no avail.  I was so bothered that I actually yelled shut up during the movie (I was so angry I couldn't help myself!), which apparently did not affect them either.  Then someone actually stood up, walked down to their row, and yelled at their entire row standing directly in front of them.  This did not stop them from continuing their conversations and getting up and walking in and out of the theater for the rest of the movie.  Kids were even sitting on the floor in the aisle.  I was just in disbelief.  I guess they didn't care because mommy and daddy paid for their night, but if they wanted to go run around and talk, why didn't they just go to the mall, for free?  I was so annoyed that I paid $11.50 for each of us to have our "night out" ruined by a bunch of disrespectful kids.

Sorry for the vent!  It just drives me crazy that people would think that behavior is acceptable.  It makes me feel pretty old being so annoyed by those damn kids.  But even 11 or 12 years ago when I was their age, I would have never acted like that.

Anyway, Happy Saturday!  Our big plans of the day are to stay in and relax.  I have a lot going on next week and I wanted to use today to catch up on some laundry, try out a new recipe, and watch some movies.  We got a few inches of snow last night so I couldn't think of a better time to hibernate.


Tomorrow I'll be headed to church to see Dave as this week's worship leader.  I love seeing him speaking in that role.  I'll also be screaming at the TV cheering for my Giants!  Yay for relaxing weekends.  I hope you're having a good one too.

Do you have any fun plans for this weekend or are you hibernating too?

3 comments:

  1. Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way, A. I always wait a few weeks to see a new movie IF we even go- next time 808 basement! Sorry your date night was ruined :-( Puddin' looks supa cute, did she like the snow??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Puddin' has mixed emotions about the snow, she seems to like it sometimes, but other times she just starts shivering. Poor shorthaired pup!

      Delete
  2. I would have been just as livid as you were. I also probably would have ended up saying something or finding an employee to kick them out for me. Sorry your date was not that great! Btw...where did you get that coat for Puddin'? Peter wants to get one for Piper. See you Friday!
    -Kimber

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...