Monday, January 23, 2012

A Case of the Mondays & Tom's Bday

The start of another five day week.  Woof.  I am dreaming of my next vacation day... since that's Memorial Day (the same weekend as my half), I know that's not for another 18 weeks.  Double woof.  Today was gloomy and gross but I was still pretty pumped up from the huge Giants win last night!  Some coffee may have helped too.

(source)

Tomorrow is my brother's 20th birthday, Happy Birthday Tom!  Tonight we went out to celebrate at his favorite restaurant, Applebee's.  I bet the employees wish that everyone would get so excited about their corny birthday song.  He clapped along with the whole thing and hugged some of the employees on the way out of the restaurant, I'm not even joking.



Since I'm avid over planner, I spent some time this afternoon creeping on the menu ahead of time.  I was pretty shocked to find zero vegetarian choices on their menu.  Literally none.  Usually most restaurants at least have a meatless pasta or salad, but nope.  It's funny how I never noticed that until now.  I was thinking about getting one of the pasta dishes and skipping the meat, but I wasn't excited about it.  I ended up picking the shrimp fajitas.  Not veggie, but I did eat vegetarian for the rest of the day.

I watched a documentary called Earthlings this weekend with Dave.  It's a real life horror movie about the various ways humans mistreat animals that made both of us cry.  Humans are so greedy.  I know I've been talking about this subject a lot lately and a lot of times people don't want to hear it.  But I think it's important to educate yourself, so if you have an hour and a half this video will definitely open your eyes.

Have you watched any worthwhile documentaries recently?

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe Tom is 20- and has facial hair! Happy birthday to him :) Congrats to the Giants, boo on Applebees for their lack of choices, and I'll check out Earthlings. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy bday Tom! I'm the youngest like Tom and it's still weird to see that my older brothers are hitting their late 20's and early 30's. That'll be US soon in August, (almost) birthday twin :-)

    Applebee's, just like Ruby Tuesday's, Friday's, and Olive Garden is always kind of hard pressed for healthy menu items. Whenever I ask for substitutions I get some serious 'tude. "Eat This, Not That" is a great book for substitutions at restaurants, but it's still pretty disheartening when there are NO vegetarian items. When in doubt I usually order pesco...better of two evils?

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...