Friday, January 27, 2012

Happy Friday!

The weekend is here, we survived!  Every week I dream of this day and the potential the weekend brings.  Catching up with friends, staying up late, sleeping in, doing something productive around the house, enjoying the daylight, brunch.  Getting paid today is the icing on the cake!

This week has been a solemn one.  My facebook has been flooded with thoughts about Joe Paterno and my heart is definitely in State College.  Yesterday I listened to the memorial service online during work as I awkwardly tried not to try in my cubical.  It still feels so surreal.  I know most people don't quite understand the intensity that PSU alumni feel towards the school and the town, but when you leave Happy Valley you are a Nittany Lion for life.  Joe Pa was like a grandfather to the university and the entire town and it was so sad to see his legacy unravel over the past few months.  He was a great man and I'll be praying for his family and Nittany Lions everywhere.

 (source)

It's almost 60 degrees here today, absolutely unheard of for PA in January!  This weekend and part of next week will all be in the 50s and I couldn't be happier.  I'm hoping to get out for a run tomorrow to enjoy the temps.  The rest of my weekend will be filled with dinner dates with friends, a little shopping trip in KOP with Heather, and hopefully peer pressuring Dave to throw out some junk in his house.

Do you feel a strong connection to your school?  Will you keep going back throughout your life?

Do you wish it was actually cold?  Or are you enjoying the warm temps?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...