This week was pretty easy. I made so much food over the weekend that I didn't have to do much cooking all week. I think I'm going to try and repeat that for this coming week!
Day 11 - Saturday 2/20/16
- Breakfast: Wasn't really hungry when I woke up, enjoyed a cup of green chai tea
- Lunch: Leftover Paleo Pad Thai
- Snack: I ate a pretty small portion for lunch and I was feeling pretty hungry around 3:30 pm. The sun was shining and it was almost 60 degrees, so I whipped up a smoothie with some frozen blueberries, fresh strawberries, coconut milk, and spinach.
- Appetizer: Guacamole with plantain chips and carrots
- Dinner: We had our bffs Megan and Stephen over for dinner and I made the Korean Noodle Bowl from the Against All Grain cookbook. It came out amazing! I also enjoyed a Trilogy kombucha in lieu of drinking with everyone.
- Sleep: 8 hours + a 30 minute nap
- Workout: I met up with Leah for a 3.77 mile walk/hike with the dogs. We went to the Black Rock Sanctuary, a new to us spot, and the weather was perfect. All the water was still frozen and beautiful, but it was in the high 50s and it felt great.
- Thoughts: My forearms are SO sore from bouldering!
Day 12 - Sunday 2/21/16
- Breakfast: Cup of coffee
- Lunch: BLT lettuce wraps with half an avocado and a coconut La Croix
- Snack: A salad, since I was headed to Dave's aunt's house for dinner I wasn't exactly sure how much of the meal was going to be compliant and I didn't want to show up starving, so I figured eating a nice salad before I went wasn't a bad plan.
- Dinner: I brought along some Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus as a side to share but dinner ended up being compliant anyway. We had a delicious roast, green beans, and a potato salad (that was mustard based... and I actually liked it!), I had to skip the salad because of the blue cheese and dressing, but I was all set anyway since I had one before I came. The hardest part was staying strong when Kay forgot and waved a piece of cake in my face lol. I enjoyed a gingerberry kombucha as my dessert.
- Sleep: 8.5 glorious hours
- Workout: 1 mile walk with the pups
- Thoughts: I typically do a Whole30 in January and this dinner is always a huge fail for me. Every time I would go in with the intentions of not overdoing it and then after appetizers, wine, and cake, I'd always go home with a belly ache. Not this time! I wish I took a picture of the beef, it was so amazing.
- Breakfast: Coffee, bacon Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust from the Against All Grain cookbook that I made on Sunday and 2 clementines
- Lunch: Burrito bowl from Chipotle with carnitas, pico and green salsa, lettuce, and guac
- Dinner: Leftover Paleo Pad Thai
- Sleep: 7 hours
- Workout: CrossFit
- Strength: 5 x 3 Back Squats - I got up to 145 lbs, heaviest weight in a while!
- 30 Squat Cleans (135/95) - I used 85#
- 3 Burpees EMOM (every minute on the minute)
- 10 Minute Cap
I really should've done a lighter weight. When I got half way, it started hurting my back but unfortunately I didn't stack the bar in a way that I could've taken any weight off mid WOD. I thought about quitting, but I just couldn't. I pushed really hard the last 2 minutes because I refused to do any more burpees. My back felt awful all evening.
- After party: I did 15 strict pull ups with a red band for assistance. I also worked on my kipping pull up a little bit, trying to see if I could get one chest to bar pull up since that will most likely be the Rx movement in the Open WODs. It seemed like I was high enough, but I could not get my chest to the bar.
- Thoughts: Getting out of bed this morning was rough. I'm still hoping for more energy first thing in the morning. I got double meat in my burrito bowl at Chipotle since I had a free coupon and I couldn't even finish the whole thing. I was SO full all afternoon.
- Breakfast: Coffee and Bacon Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust from the Against All Grain cookbook
- Lunch: Leftover Korean Noodle Bowl from the Against All Grain cookbook and a banana
- Dinner: Sun Dried Tomato Meatballs with Creamy Pesto & a green juice from Whole Foods
- Sleep: 7.5 hours
- Workout: Nada
- Thoughts: I still don't understand why I'm struggling so much in the morning. My back feels better than yesterday, but still pretty terrible. Lots of push aways all day and my heating pad is my best friend. The meatballs came out great, but man they do not photograph well...
Day 15 - Wednesday 2/24/16
- Breakfast: Coffee and bacon Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust from the Against All Grain cookbook
- Lunch: Leftover Paleo Pad Thai and strawberries
- Dinner: Leftover Sun Dried Tomato Meatballs with Creamy Pesto and a salad
- Sleep: 8 hours
- Workout: Does scrubbing the inside of my microwave count?
- Thoughts: Today was the day! I finally woke up well rested and didn't snooze a million times. My back still doesn't feel 100%, but it's so much better than yesterday. I was supposed to go see Sue since she was doing appointments at my gym, but a got a flat tire on my way home from work so I cancelled all my evening plans. FB memories reminded me that this day a year ago was when I completely blew out a tire on 476 on one of the coldest days of the year. This was a much better scenario since I realized something was wrong when I was in my neighborhood and was able to make it home.
- Breakfast: Bacon Quiche with Sweet Potato Crust from the Against All Grain cookbook
- Snack: Coffee & 2 clementines
- Lunch: Leftover Paleo Pad Thai and an apple
- Dinner: Chef Jeff's famous fajitas & a passionberry kombucha
- Sleep: 7 hours
- Workout: 0.3 mile dog walk (set out to do more but the wind was brutal!)
- Thoughts: Today I'm wearing pants that I bought online that really did not fit when I got them at the beginning of the month :D
I seriously miss chocolate and cheese but otherwise I'm not longing for anything off plan. I can't believe I'm already over half way finished, it's honestly flying by. This weekend is a great mix of relaxing and fun. Last night was the first workout of the CrossFit Open (and I killed it!) and I hosted a delicious Whole30 potluck with some girlfriends this afternoon. The weekend will be capped off with enjoying some time with my family and the 60 degree weather tomorrow. And some steaks :)
Can you eat the same thing all week? Or do you get sick of it?