Sunday, February 14, 2016

My February Whole30: Days 1 - 4

Another Whole30 has begun and so far, it really hasn't been a big deal.  I've been enjoying delicious dinners and didn't really have the awful sugar hangover I was expecting.  Winning :)

Day 1 - Wednesday 2/10/16
  • Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 2 clementines, coffee
  • Snack: Pomegranate white tea
  • Lunch: Leftover Buffalo Chicken Stuffed Peppers
  • Dinner: Caramelized Pork Chops with Sweet Onion Jam and roasted broccoli
  • Sleep: 7 hours
  • Workout: 0.8 mile dog walk
  • Thoughts: There were dozens of donuts in the kitchen at work, which was annoying since it was Fastnacht Day (aka donut day/Fat Tuesday) the day before!  I was seriously exhausted all afternoon.  I did feel better once I left work though.  Otherwise it was just a normal day.

Day 2 - Thursday 2/11/16
  • Sleep: 8 hours!
  • Workout: CrossFit
    •  Strength:
      • 1 Power Clean every 45 seconds x 8 at 75% of max + 5 lbs from last week
      • Drop Set: Take 10-15% off the bar, :45 Max Effort Reps at this weight
Last week I used 100 lbs, so I opted for 105 lbs.  They felt really good.  I used 90 lbs for the drop set and got 10 reps in the 45s.
    • WOD: 27-21-15-9
      • Every break in wall balls is a 5 burpee penalty to be added to the end of the WOD
This workout was completely mental for me.  I knew I could do 30 wall balls unbroken from a test we did somewhat recently, but I rarely do more than 7-10 together in a workout.  Sometimes more like 5.  But I refused to add any burpees to the end of my workout!  I did all the wall balls unbroken and after every set I was huffing and puffing wondering if I was going to make my first jump onto the box.  I finished in 10:08 and it left me wrecked.  I laid on the floor for a while feeling like death.  Have you ever worked out so hard your teeth hurt?  I guess that's what happens when you only go to the gym sporadically.  Fixing this now, I need to get my cardio endurance back!
    • Pilates: I eventually managed to feel somewhat normal and participated in 20 minutes of pilates after class that I really enjoyed.
  • Thoughts: I felt like I had the beginning of a headache throughout the morning so I focused on drinking a lot of water... and coffee.  I fully expected to go downhill at some point in the evening, but other than a little bit of dull pain in my head at the end of the night, I was fine.

Day 3 - Friday 2/12/16
  • Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, coffee
  • Lunch: Leftover pork chops with onions, roasted broccoli, and a clementine 
  • Snack: Some almond stuffed olives and shrimp dipped in garlic and ghee
  • Dinner: Swordfish roasted with salt, pepper, old bay, lemon, and olive oil with a salad
  • Sleep: 6.5 hours
  • Workout: 1 mi dog walk
  • Thoughts: I still wasn't sure I was in the clear from a nasty sugar detox, but I felt great all day.


Day 4 - Saturday 2/13/16
  • Brunch: Leftover buffalo chicken stuffed pepper
  • Appetizers: Guacamole and salsa with carrots and plantain chips and chorizo stuffed dates wrapped in bacon that my coworker Hannah made!  Lots of kombucha.
  • Dinner: Paleo Shepherd's Pie and a salad
  • Dessert: Strawberries
  • Sleep: 8 hours
  • Workout: Rock climbing double date with Arley and Jeff!  It was so much fun and my forearms were smoked by the end.
  • Thoughts: I really wasn't hungry for a meal in the morning.  I practically had to force myself to eat the stuffed pepper because I knew I'd be hungry while we were rock climbing.  By the time we were finished, I was starving and glad we had compliant appetizers planned.  Jeff, Arley, and Hannah came over for dinner and we had a Whole30 compliant feast.  I definitely ate too much because everything was so delicious.  The plantain chips are probably iffy on being compliant.  The ingredient list is fine, but they are definitely a food with no brakes.





That's strawberry kombucha just in case you're wondering... and look at those roses from my sweetie!  Looking forward to our surf and turf Vday feast of steak and scallops later!  No feeling deprived over here.  Dave and I typically don't go out for Valentines anyway because we hate crowds, so this year isn't really any different.  We always just stay in and make something special.  I hope you are having a lovely Valentines Day <3

Do you have a special meal planned for tonight?

2 comments:

  1. beautiful flowers!! and good luck with your whole 30! You're through the hardest part--that first week is always rough.

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...