Tuesday, July 22, 2014

My July Whole25: Days 12 - 15

Day 12 - Friday 7/18/14
  • Breakfast: Cup of coffee, a small green apple, and 2 small Coconut Chicken Fingers
  • Lunch: The last of the Crock Pot Beef Stew
  • Dinner: 2 burgers with tomato, onion, pickles, and red hot in lettuce wraps
  • Snack: Gingerade Kombucha
  • Workout: 6 am CrossFit - Strength portion:  Deadlift, 2 reps EMOM (every min on the min) for 10 minutes at 70% of max.  I did 145 lbs.  The WOD was a 10 minute AMRAP:
    • Odd minutes: anchored sit ups (squeeze feet around kettlebell, wrists have to touch kettlebell at top)
    • Even minutes: kettlebell swings, I used the 36 lbs kettlebell
This workout wasn't too bad as far as CrossFit goes.  I'm really loving getting my workouts finished first thing in the morning!
  • Sleep: 6.5 hours
  • Thoughts: I skipped my mother-in-law's potato salad, which I love, because although white potatoes are now compliant (as of yesterday!), I knew it contained a bit of sugar and non compliant mayo.  I happily drank my kombucha while my friends took shots of tequila.  Booze is not a struggle for me.
 
Always happy to be down the shore!

Day 13 - Saturday 7/19/14
  • Breakfast: Cup of coffee, scrambled eggs, and sausage
  • Snack: Pineapple, watermelon, coconut milk, and mint smoothie
  • Lunch: Salad with spring mix, peppers, onions, fresh parsley, cucumber, tomato, buffalo chicken lunch meat, and a homemade vinaigrette my friend Leah made (compliant except for a touch of honey) 
  • Snack: A couple of chunks of watermelon and some french roast vanilla almond coffee 
  • Dinner: Clams, shrimp, crab claws, butter (not compliant!), some haddock, tilapia and flounder in a cajun marinade, with half of a baked sweet potato, and some grilled asparagus
  • Snack: 2 cups of coffee
  • Snack: A few bites of my Paleo layer dessert (bananas, shredded coconut, pineapple, coconut cream, strawberries) before I decided I didn't really care for it.  It should've been so good, but it just wasn't.  Perhaps a real case of "sex with your pants on" - it only left me wanting the real thing!
  • Workout: 3.6 mile walk/run in 55 minutes, leisurely walk around the block with Puddin', and a beach walk.  This just in, I am not in shape when it comes to running.  Oh how the mighty have fallen!
  • Sleep: 7 hours
  • Thoughts: My tummy hurt for a little bit mid afternoon, I'm speculating that it was some random additive in the Jimmy Dean sausage that did not agree with me.  I definitely cheated with a bunch of butter, I wish that I had ordered some ghee from amazon beforehand!  Dave's uncle just could not believe I wasn't going to have a drink (not even one!) while we were out, but it really wasn't a big deal to me.  It actually saved me quite a bit of money.  And a hangover.
 

Day 14 - Sunday 7/20/14
  • Breakfast: Cup of coffee, 2 Apple Streusel Egg Muffins, and a smoothie that I made out of my disappointing dessert + some more strawberries, which came out surprisingly good.
  • Lunch: Two lunchmeat roll ups with ham, Lebanon bologna, lettuce, tomato, and red onion, with some baby carrots and watermelon
  • Snack: Watermelon and a few cocktail shrimp, and then later the second half of that smoothie
  • Dinner: Chipotle burrito bowl - carnitas, pico de gallo, green salsa, lettuce, and guacamole.  Chipotle is my favorite and although my bowl was yummy, I'm not sure I'll ever not order my cheese and sour cream (and sometimes white rice... and sometimes a real burrito, not a bowl) when I'm not on a Whole30.  Long live giant burritos!
  • Workout: Rest day!
  • Sleep: 7.5 hours
  • Thoughts: Avoiding the french toast everyone else had for breakfast wasn't hard since it's not my favorite and my muffins were a good fake out.  I'm sure the lunchmeat I consumed this weekend wasn't compliant, but I skipped my beloved chicken salad, so again - calling this a win!
 

 Day 15 - Monday 7/21/14
  • Breakfast: Cup of coffee, an Apple Streusel Egg Muffin, and a smoothie
  • Lunch: Leftover Spaghetti Squash Bolognese from Practical Paleo with asparagus and some strawberries
  • Snack: Macadamia nuts
  • Dinner: Salmon, Cumin-Roasted Carrots from Well Fed, and a side salad of spring mix, spinach, red bell pepper, and some cucumber and yellow cherry tomatoes from Dave's dad's garden with balsamic vinaigrette
  • Workout: Mondays are rough enough.
  • Sleep: 7 hours
  • Thoughts: It really makes me smile when I'm at the grocery store and my cart is entirely filled with veggies and fruit except for a few packages of meat and some eggs.  I purchased basil and cilantro plants... let's see if I can keep these ones alive ;)  Any tips?  Seriously, I have a black thumb.

When we came home from the beach, I had a package on my front step.  I ordered myself some ghee (aka clarified butter - nom), another copy of It Starts With Food since my copy is happily out on loan, and my first spiralizer (which intimidates the crap out of me - but zoodles will be in my future)!  I love that I can order whatever Paleo resources I need.


Do you order any food or special cooking tools off the internet?



1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the link to my coconut chicken fingers - I hope the whole30 has been treating you well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...