Good afternoon! Today is day 4, which means I'm in the "kill ALL the things!" portion of the Whole30 timeline lol. I don't really feel like that... but maybe later ;) Things have been going well so far. A few "cheats" with random things that I wasn't in control of, but otherwise I'm chugging along!
Day 1 - Monday 7/7/14
- Breakfast: Coffee and then leftover grilled chicken (marinated in olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper, chipotle spices) with onions, peppers, mushrooms, zucchini, and squash. Definitely could've eaten this for my lunch (instead of going out), but I was hungry and I already had my lunch plan set in my head.
- Lunch: Out at a Thai restaurant - lemongrass chicken soup (spilled an entire bowl on myself before getting a second to actually eat, oh Monday!), garden salad with house vinaigrette, and green curry with chicken. I'm guessing the meal wasn't 100% compliant, but I made good choices, skipped the fried dumplings and rice, and I felt ok about it.
- Snack: Garlic stuffed olives from Wegmans (so good and so addictive!)
- Dinner: Spanish Chicken & (Cauliflower) Rice which came out ok, I think I'd make it again and play with the spices, or maybe I just didn't put enough spices in it?
- Snack: Handful of blueberries while I was washing and packing them for the next day
- Workout: Does grocery shopping and cooking count?
- Sleep: 8 hours because I snoozed my alarm so many times I turned off... whoops.
- Thoughts: Honestly, I feel like a whale. I am so bloated from the weekend that my stomach feels like it can't fit within my skin. The day went pretty smoothly but I started to really go downhill in the evening. I went to the grocery store, headed up to my in-laws (we're dealing with a plumbing issue, ugh!), and cooked for 3 hours. I was barely halfway done when my head started to hurt and I just felt so damn exhausted. Not sure if this was the carb flu, I was just overdone, or a combo of both!
Day 2 - Tuesday 7/8/14
- Breakfast: Ginger peach green tea, a big slice of the Southwestern Frittata topped with some red hot and some leftover asparagus.
- Lunch: Leftover Spanish Chicken & (Cauliflower) Rice and some blueberries
- Snack: Small cup of coffee, I was trying to avoid coffee today but I was feeling pretty blah and I knew that I wouldn't survive my 8:30 pm meeting and the 45 minute drive home afterwards. I also had some strawberries and watermelon when I got to my mom's.
- Dinner: Burger with fried onions, lettuce, pickles, and red hot in a super messy lettuce wrap with a side salad topped with white balsamic vinegar, olive oil, some minced garlic, and a few random spices. My mom made me a compliant dinner, woohoo!
- Workout: CrossFit at 6 am! Our warm up involved pushing a large tire back and forth between a partner, I'd never done any tire work before and it was kinda fun! Now I need to get myself out to a Strongman Sunday class. The skill portion was made up of working on our box jumps. The WOD was 4 rounds for time of a 400m run and 15 burpee box jumps with a 1 minute rest between each round. I Rx'd the WOD (aka did it as prescribed instead of scaling it) and I finished in 19:29. I was wiped! I also did a few random push ups and planks in my mom's living room and took their pooch for a 10 minute stroll around the block.
- Sleep: 6 hours (not enough!)
- Thoughts: I was waiting to feel like crap in the evening but it never happened, I'm thinking that late afternoon coffee was my savior. We lost power around dinner time, so I was a little stressed out (when I arrived home from my meeting at 11:15 pm) thinking about all the food I had just purchased and spent time cooking that was in our in our unpowered fridge. Thankfully our power came back on at 6 am, just minutes before I was about to load our entire refrigerator into a bunch of coolers, and all the food seemed to be fine.
Day 3 - Wednesday 7/9/14
- Breakfast: Coffee and a smallish slice of the Southwestern Frittata
- Snack: Mint melange tea and some super sweet blueberries
- Lunch: Leftover Spanish Chicken & (Cauliflower) Rice and roasted broccoli
- Snack: Cup of homemade iced coconut coffee (my new fave blend from Wegmans) and a bunch of small pieces of prosciutto while I was wrapping the asparagus
- Dinner: 2 burgers with lettuce, tomato, pickles, and red hot with some prosciutto wrapped asparagus, which came out great! Unfortunately the burgers were all being topped with some non compliant Worcestershire sauce (sugar, molasses) while they were on the grill and the chef (cough*my husband*cough) forgot to skip mine. Oh well.
- Workout: Nada
- Sleep: 6 hours (still not enough!)
- Thought: I was nervous about going downhill in the evening while I was at the bbq so I decided that coffee would be a good idea around 5 pm... I felt slightly regretful around 11 pm when I was laying in bed feeling pretty wide awake, although it definitely motivated me to pack my bag for the gym the next morning! I didn't enjoy my burgers as much today since I just kept thinking what they would've tasted like with some cheese and ketchup. I should've brought an avocado with me or something to jazz them up (like the fried onions did the day before). I was also feeling pretty sad when everyone was munching on chocolate chip cookies, but guess what... I survived!
Last night the sky was putting on a little show for our bbq!
How's your week going? Have you been making healthy choices?