Today is officially day one of the Lurong Living Paleo Challenge (aka our Whole56)! I literally ate myself sick last week, stuffing my face with a ton of things that I wouldn't even normally touch, so I'm really excited about eating healthy and feeling better! I don't plan on posting every day this time around, but I think I'll check in every week to let you know how things are going.
If there's one thing I've learned from my Whole21 and Whole30, it's that planning ahead is key! So here's my meal plan for Week 1:
Same as my April Whole30, my breakfasts will consist of a mix of hard boiled eggs, Lara Bars (check the ingredients, some are compliant, some aren't), fruit, tea, and coffee (only when I'm dragging, not every day). I'm not a huge breakfast eater, so I will only be eating when I'm hungry. Hard boiled eggs and fruit may turn into snacks later in the day or sides with lunch. Additional snacks will be dried fruit, nuts, pickles, garlic stuffed olives, raw carrots, or sometimes a whole avocado to the face :)
- Lunch: Salad from the grocery store salad bar containing lettuce, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, cabbage, spinach, and a hard boiled egg, 90 calorie pack of guacamole and Franks Red Hot as the dressing, with 3 small pieces of baked chicken
- Dinner: Salmon (baked in olive oil, salt, pepper, and old bay), with a sweet potato and roasted eggplant
- Lunch: Avocado chicken salad (using chicken I'm cooking tonight) with some raw carrots
- Dinner: Burgers (that I'll make from scratch and probably throw some minced onions, peppers, and mushrooms in) topped with tomato, lettuce, pickles and served with whatever veggies come in our CSA pick up that night
- Lunch: Leftover burgers
- Dinner: Buffalo chicken boats (cook some chicken in the crockpot all day, shred and combine with some Franks Red Hot, serve in romaine lettuce boats, top with avocado and tomato) with random veggies
- Lunch: Leftover buffalo chicken
- Dinner: Thai Curry Chicken with carrots, mushrooms, and purple cabbage (I was supposed to make this Sunday night for lunches, but laziness got the best of me)
- Lunch: Leftover Thai curry chicken
- Dinner: Meatballs (combine ground beef with 1 egg, oregano, basil, salt, pepper, minced garlic, finely chopped onions, maybe some spinach, form into meatballs, bake in oven at 375 for 20-30 minutes, check inside of one for no pink, so easy!) served with mom's sauce (won't be adding sugar!) and CSA veggies, possibly a side salad
- Lunch: Most likely grab something out with my bridesmaids after we shop for their dresses
- Dinner: Leftover meatballs
- Lunch: Leftovers?
- Dinner: Something in the crockpot!
Anybody else in the process of cleaning up their eating habits?