Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Good News, Bad News

Hello long lost blog!  I've got news!


When we last left off, I was in the middle of my Whole35 and I abruptly stopped blogging without any explanation... well I was super nauseous ALL the time!  On Day 26 I said screw this and ordered a big cheesy pizza!  I'm not exactly proud to tell you that the next month and a half was just carbs, carbs, and more carbs, but that's really all I could stomach.  Even the thought of vegetables made me sick.  Now that I'm hitting the second trimester, I'm feeling a lot better but I'm still really hit or miss with certain foods and haven't had a lot of desire to do much in the kitchen.

Baby Midgley is due on September 28th and I'm honestly still in shock.  I'll post more about baby soon!

In not so happy news, Butler was diagnosed with lymphoma right at the beginning of the year.  They told us 3 to 6 months and we were seeing small changes in him, but for the most part his demeanor was unchanged... until this past weekend.  He was throwing up, refusing his meds, and very lethargic.  Our vet gave us some special food that we've been mixing with water to make into a baby food consistency and his medicine in liquid form so we can give it to him via a large syringe.  He seems to be doing a little bit better today, but we're just trying to give him all the love we can because I think our time with him is pretty limited.


So many things to post about, I hope to be back soon.


3 comments:

  1. Yay!! So excited for you!! Take care of yourself and please give Butler a huge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber! Congratulations on the pregnancy! And I'm so sorry to hear about Butler. Man do I feel like we are living parallel lives with our pregnancies and dog situations. OOF. It is tough. You guys are great dog parents and you'll be wonderful BABY PARENTS (Squee!!!) I can't wait to hear all about it.

    Sorry to hear you are feeling sick. I remember that well. Be gentle on yourself about food. Carbs and dairy products got me through. I remember so clearly just thinking OMG VEGETABLES YUCK! which is so unlike me. But you learn quickly that the body (and the baby) want what they want. Try not to stress too much (not that it seems like you are) and just enjoy the process.

    Seriously sending your family so much love and congratulations. And give Butler a little squeeze from me. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Holly! Thank you so much for your kind words <3

      Delete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...