Monday, December 21, 2015

A Great Week at the Gym & an Indulgent Weekend

This was a great week for me in the gym.  I felt strong, I listened to my body, and I didn't have any pain other than a little soreness in my back at the end of the week.

S - Rest Day

M - 1.0 mi dog walk + CrossFit
  • Strength:
    • EMOM 8:
    • Minute 1: 3 Empty Barbell Muscle Snatch
    • Minutes 2, 3: 3 High hang Power Snatch
    • Minutes 4, 5: 2 Hang Power Snatch
    • Minutes 6, 7, 8: 1  Power Snatch
    • I worked up to 70 lbs.  I kept these pretty light because I know I hurt my back doing heavy snatches 2 weeks ago.
  • WOD:
    • 10, 9, 8... 1 Power Snatches (95/65)
    • 1, 2, 3... 10 Pull Ups 
    • I finished in 12:05 using 40# for the snatch.  The snatches were pretty light, I probably could've done more weight, but my back was happy.  My pull ups were strong and I'm now able to string 2 together consistently.  I feel like I'm so close to being able to do multiple consecutive pull ups, I just need to tweak my kip.  I was the first one done at the 5 pm class and I felt pretty bad ass.
  • After Party:
    • Max Unbroken Wall Balls
    • I did 30 with a 14# med ball.  I could've done more, but they really suck and my goal was 20, so once I got to 30, it was enough for me!

T - CrossFit
  • Strength:
    • 3 x 5 Pause Front Squat (3 second pause at bottom)
    • I got to 115#.  I was pumped because I was actually able to challenge myself with something heavy and I didn't feel any pain in my back :)
  • WOD:
    • 3 x 3 minute AMRAP:
    • 3 Front Squat (135/95)
    • 6 Lateral Burpees Over the Bar
    • 18 Sit Ups
    • 1 minute rest between rounds
    • I finished 6 rounds + 21 using 75# for the front squat.  I love quick sprint workouts!  It sucks for a little while, but knowing that it's only 3 minutes at a time makes it so manageable.

W - 1.0 mi dog walk

I'm loving checking out everyone's Christmas lights on our walks.

Th - 0.75 mi dog walk + CrossFit
  • Strength:
    • EMOM 7
    • Hang Clean
    • I got up to 125#, which is only 10# under my full clean!  No back pain!
  • WOD:
    • 20-15-10-5 Hang Power Cleans (115/75) - I did 55#
    • 40 Double Unders After Each Round
    • I guess my dubs are here to stay since I busted out 20 in a row in one round!  They are still wicked hard and always leave me winded.  I still need to work on not doing tuck jumps and just pulling my feet forward into a pike position, but for now I'm happy!
F - 1.0 mi dog walk + CrossFit
  • WOD:
    • Minute 1 - 10
      • Odds: 1 Round of Cindy (5 Pull Ups, 10 Push Ups, 15 Air Squats)
      • Evens: 10 Overhead Squats 95/65 - I used 50#
    • Rest 2 Minutes
    • Minute 13 - 22
      • Odds: 1 Round of Cindy
      • Evens: 10 Kettlebell Swings 53/35 - I used a 26# KB
    • Rest 2 Minutes 
    • Minute 25 - 34
      • Odds: 1 Round of Cindy
      • Evens: 10 Burpees
    • Score = Number of missed rounds (you want zero)
    • My score was 0!  This workout was punishing.  I scaled Cindy to only do 6 push ups instead of 10 because I wasn't going to make it through any of the rounds.  WODs that are 30+ mins are not my favorite.  It just feels like it's never going to be over.  The burpees were the hardest part at the end because I was getting a good bit of rest after the overhead squats and KB swings, but the burpees gave me no time to catch my breath.  I also got lost and started doing Cindy again during a burpees minute, so I almost missed that round.  I really wanted to just take a full minute break at the end, but once I got past 30 minutes I had to finish it out!  And then I did this...

S - 2.73 mi dog walk

My neighbor's neat light post.

My weekend was not so health focused... Saturday Dave and I had 3 parties in row!  We started at Midgley Christmas and received some really nice gifts including some prosecco (Italian bubbly), a fancy candle, and a party hosting themed basket.  Our next stop was our old neighbors annual Christmas party where we huddled around some bonfires, enjoyed oysters and lamb off the grill, and saw Santa!


And our final destination was the city for separate bachelor and bachelorette parties.  I had so much fun celebrating the bride and dancing the night away!


I also cannot handle my liquor like I used to which lead to a REALLY rough Sunday.  I must be getting old.  I spent my Sunday stuffing my face until my hangover subsided.  Then I wrapped a bunch of presents and watched my fantasy football team pull off an upset!

I can't believe Christmas is this week.  I'm looking forward to a short week of work, spending time with my family, and embracing my inner cookie monster.

Are you ready for the holidays?!

2 comments:

  1. You are always putting in the hard work. I hope you had a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! I know what you mean about not handling liquor as well as you used to. I used to be able to throw back, now I am "one and done." LOL

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...