Monday, October 13, 2014

Our Wedding Recap Part 5: The Ceremony

Slow and steady wins the race for these recaps!  I've had the text for this post written for a while, but never got the chance to add the pictures.  Life is so crazy right now with cheerleading and the house.  My squad had it's first competition last weekend and we're officially moving this Saturday!

Obligatory shout out to our favorite duo from Fuller Photography!

Catching up?
- Part 1: The Day Before
- Part 2: The Ladies Get Dolled Up
- Part 3: The Guys & Our First Look
- Part 4: Photos in Valley Forge Park


Walking into the church may have been my favorite part of the whole day.


To be honest, I'm no stranger to being the center of attention.  I coach a group of 35 girls, I lead meetings full of men (some 40 years my senior), I adore singing on a stage... but in this moment, I was completely overwhelmed!  Having so many of our loved ones all in one room looking at me filled my heart up to the brim and I found myself grinning ear to ear while simultaneously trying to hold back tears.
 


I glanced around the room trying to take it all in and see as many people as I could and then I saw my groom.  One of the things about Dave that has always caught my eye is his amazing smile.  He has beautiful teeth and his smile always just looks so genuine.  Seeing him smiling back at me made me so excited, but also sent a wave of calm over me.


When we first started talking about our wedding, one of the few things Dave was set on was getting married at his church, Green Tree Church of the Brethren.  We had both recently taken more active rolls within the church (church board chairman for him, member of the choir for me) and combined with our premarital counseling, weekly volleyball games, and Sunday worship, we were there a lot.  It was really special to be married in a place that we feel so connected to.  We were lucky enough to have both of our pastors officiate our ceremony, which was great since we have a strong relationship with each of them.


Our ceremony was a perfect blend of serious & lighthearted, love & religion, family & friends.
 



The sun danced on the snow with a sparkling smile,
As two lovers sat quietly, alone for a while.

Then he turned and said, with a casual air
(Though he blushed from his chin to the tips of his hair),
"I think I might like to get married to you."

"Well then, she said, "Well there's a thought,
But what if we can't promise to be all that we ought?
Can you promise me, say, that you won’t grumble and shout,
If I'm late yet again, when we plan to go out.
For I know I can't promise, I'll learn to ignore
Dirty socks and damp towels strewn all over the floor.
So if we can't vow to be all that we should
I'm not sure what to do, though the idea's quite good".

But he gently smiled and tilted his head
Till his lips met her ear and softly he said
"I promise, to weave my dreams into your own,
That wherever you breathe will be my hearts home.
I promise, that whether with rags or with gold I am blessed
Your smile is the jewel I will treasure the best.
Do you think then, my love, we should marry - do you?"

"Yes" she said smiling "I do".




His hello was the end of her endings
Her laugh was their first step down the aisle
His hand would be hers to hold forever
His forever was as simple as her smile
He said she was what was missing
She said instantly she knew
She had a question to be answered
And his answer was I do





What greater thing is there for two human souls
Than to feel that they are joined for life
To strengthen each other in all labor,
To rest on each other in all sorrow,
To minster to each other in all pain,
To be one with each other in the silent unspoken memories?

 

And then... we were husband and wife!




To be continued... Part 6


Don't forget to like Busy, Bold, Blessed on Facebook!

 

3 comments:

  1. That was so sweet. It brought tears to my eyes

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my takeaways from this post is that you were an absolutely STUNNING BRIDE! Perfection.

    Please refresh me on all your cheerleading stuff. My Greedy Baby is on an All Star team here in Delaware, so I'm interested in all things cheer, of course! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, thank you! Included a little cheer blurb in the next post per your request! I coach for a pop warner squad, it's all volunteer. I love the pace of all star cheerleading, but as I'm sure you know... it's an even bigger time commitment haha!

      Delete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...