Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Half Marathon Training: Week 14


Week 14:
- Tuesday, 3.65 mi to cheer practice, 37:39, full body workout participating in cheer practice
- Wednesday, 20 min dog walk
- Thursday, 4.07 mi, 41:38
- Saturday, 3.82 mi around Cape May, 40 min
- Sunday, 35 minute walk on the beach
- Total Mileage = 11.54 mi

Since this week was pretty low key (aka no long run) on my training plan, I think it went well.  I ran the 4 mile run on Thursday with a girl from my running group and the miles flew by... aside for the epic 9% slope hill!  My butt was mega sore!  I meant to run farther on Saturday in Cape May, but I didn't really know where I was going and it was super windy.  Oh well, I really didn't feel like running and I still got out there so I think that's a win!

Goals for week 14:
- Run 3 times: A+
- Leg workout: A
- Arms & abs 2 times: C+

Tuesday I had cheerleading practice for the first time in a month.  We are currently in the off season, so we are only having once a week, optional practices for the girls to come work on their skills.  Well... we only had 3 girls show up and it takes 4 people to make a stunt group, so guess who was stunting with the girls!  The girl we were lifting is pretty tiny but she does not carry her weight very well and I was doing a position I'm not used to, so long story short, I got a workout!  The next day my arms, abs, back, and legs were all sore!

Goals for week 15:
- Run 3 times
- Leg workout
- Arms & abs 2 times

I liked last week's goals so much, I'm going to repeat them!  Gotta get those arm workouts in this week.  I'm also trying to reevaluate my eating.  I want to eat more whole foods and less crap.  I need to add more veggies and fruit into my life!  I know these aren't really specific quantified goals, but maybe I'll discuss that further in another post.  And I've decided to wait on the yoga/zumba Groupon as so many of you suggested, thanks for the comments!

Big 8 miler this weekend and I will have some company.  Yay for running buddies!

How do you quantify your healthy eating goals?  Do you try to get in a certain number of servings of fruits and vegetables per day?

1 comment:

  1. You did well on your workouts this week, especially with helping out on the stunts at cheerleading practice - that's a lot of work!!! Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...