Monday, August 15, 2011

Sun & Seacrets

Oh my, so many things to blog about, not enough time or motivation.  Two weekends ago I went to Rehoboth Beach, DE and Ocean City, Maryland for my bestie, Jes's birthday.  It was the two of us and her boyfriend, Brett.  His dad got us some rooms in Rehoboth and I got a whole king size bed to myself!  (Dave was on a fishing trip.)


Friday night we got there and just enjoyed some cocktails in the room.  We wanted to lay low so we could get an early start on Saturday.  Boy did I!  I woke up to see the sunrise out my window.


Then I went straight back to bed!  We got up at a more reasonable hour, hit up the hotel's awesome complimentary breakfast (hello eggs, sausage, sausage gravy and biscuits, and pancakes - not your typical free hotel bfast), and then headed to the beach.  I'd never been to Rehoboth before, it was pretty cute.  The boardwalk offered some good eats, we didn't have to pay to go on the beach, and the weather was beautiful.

  


After we went back to shower, we caught the bus to Ocean City, Maryland.




An hour later, we arrived and prepared for an epic seafood buffet feast at Phillips.


Then we were headed to Seacrets.  I'd never been there before and let me tell you, it's ridiculous!  We got there just in time to see all the day drinkers reaching their peak.  When we arrived, I immediately felt overdressed (aka not in a bathing suit) and overly sober!  After a few cocktails and more people in real clothing arriving, we settled in just fine.




The night ended with us tearing it up on the dance floor.  We had a blast!


Sunday was fairly uneventful, it was super humid and we mostly just wanted to go home and relax so we cut our day short and headed home. 

This past weekend was another trip to celebrate Jes's birthday, but there will be a whole post dedicated to that, it definitely deserves it!  Sorry for the wait between posts!

How do you like to celebrate your birthday?

3 comments:

  1. I like to celebrate my birthday with you! Thanks for making it awesome. PS. I love that picture of us, I need a copy. hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun :) I like to celebrate my bday with family, friends, and perhaps a few beverages :)

    ReplyDelete

Every comment makes me smile, so keep 'em coming!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...